We are looking for a Materials Coordinator that not only wants to have a job but to have a long-term career.
Pay is $13.00+ per hour depending on experience. This position is responsible for assisting manually moving and
maintaining fencing materials/products in the storage yard and assisting in the distribution of these materials.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated reliability, integrity, and an excellent work ethic.
Overview of duties:
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
- Pull products or materials needed for fence crews, transport trucks, or customers.
- Load crew trucks, transport trucks, or customer vehicles and install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Receive incoming product and material from truck deliveries, inspect delivery for damage and accuracy, unload truck with forklift and safely transport to appropriate storage.
- Stack product or materials on pallets and transport to designated areas.
- Record numbers of units handled or moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
- Perform routine maintenance on vehicles or auxiliary equipment, such as cleaning, lubricating, recharging batteries, fueling, or replacing liquefied-gas tank.
- Carry needed tools or supplies from storage or trucks and return them after use.
- Keep yard clean, free from hazards, and organized.
- Contact vendor for emptying trash bins on site.
- eliver equipment and material as necessary to job sites
Materials Coordinator Requirements:
- Must have a valid driver's license*
- Prior experience working as a materials coordinator, production role, or related experience. *
- Working knowledge of power tools, construction tools, and equipment.
- The ability to interpret job bids, material lists, and determine necessary: tools, supplies, and equipment needed for crews.
- Regularly required to move around, use hands, use feet to walk, stand for long periods of time, and push/pull/lift/move up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Able to read and successfully use a tape measure.
- Must know all materials and their purpose.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
Good Shepherd Fence Company offers a competitive full benefit package to our employees including:
- Group Medical Insurance with prescription coverage
- Dental Insurance
- Continuous Training
- 401k with company match
- GSFC is a Equal Opportunity Employer company and a Drug Free Workplace.