We are looking for a Materials Coordinator that not only wants to have a job but to have a long-term career. Pay is $13.00+ per hour depending on experience. This position is responsible for assisting manually moving and maintaining fencing materials/products in the storage yard and assisting in the distribution of these materials. Successful candidates will have demonstrated reliability, integrity, and an excellent work ethic.
Overview of duties:
• Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
• Pull products or materials needed for fence crews, transport trucks, or customers.
• Load crew trucks, transport trucks, or customer vehicles and install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
• Receive incoming product and material from truck deliveries, inspect delivery for damage and accuracy, unload truck with forklift and safely transport to appropriate storage.
• Stack product or materials on pallets and transport to designated areas.
• Record numbers of units handled or moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
• Perform routine maintenance on vehicles or auxiliary equipment, such as cleaning, lubricating, recharging batteries, fueling, or replacing liquefied-gas tank.
• Carry needed tools or supplies from storage or trucks and return them after use.
• Keep yard clean, free from hazards, and organized.
• Contact vendor for emptying trash bins on site.
• Deliver equipment and material as necessary to job sites
• Materials Coordinator Requirements:
• Must have a valid driver’s license*
• Prior experience working as a materials coordinator, production role, or related experience. *
• Working knowledge of power tools, construction tools, and equipment.
• The ability to interpret job bids, material lists, and determine necessary: tools, supplies, and equipment needed for crews.
• Regularly required to move around, use hands, use feet to walk, stand for long periods of time, and push/pull/lift/move up to 75 pounds unassisted.
• Able to read and successfully use a tape measure.
• Must know all materials and their purpose.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
Good Shepherd Fence Company offers a competitive full benefit package to our employees including:
• Group Medical Insurance with prescription coverage
• Dental Insurance
• Continuous Training
• 401k with company match
• GSFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer company and a Drug Free Workplace.